Sunday 8 November 2015

Music lovin'



Hello again,


So I have recently been introduced to some knew artists which have very quickly become my absolute favourite thing to listen to, I quite literally have their songs on repeat all day! To be more specific, the bands 'Arcade Fire' and 'Jukebox the ghost' I have also been listening to some old classics such as 'Midnight dirt' by M83 which is of course a firm favourite. For those of you who know and love these bands you probably think I have been living under a rock. 

I don't know about you but finding music that you instantly connect with is a rarity, I mean don't get me wrong I regularly get caught up in the latest pop hits and find a catchy song which i replay 100 times, until I begin to annoy myself. But I'm talking about those songs which never get old (like an episode of friends). If you play them when you are in a glum mood they instantly lift your spirits, if you play them when you are happy, they heighten that feeling and make you feel even better. Music is great like that. And at the moment 'Arcade Fire' and 'Jukebox the ghost' are the two bands that do that for me. 

I'm not too sure how I would describe my music taste, I guess you could say 'alternative'. I seem to enjoy most types of genres from the ultimate pop queens 'Adele' and 'Beyonce' to rock bands 'Arctic monkeys'. And I am also a HUGE  lover of the Beatles. However at the moment, I tend to gravitate more towards 'Indie bands' such as 'Arcade fire' and Jukebox the ghost'. But my music taste varies a lot so who knows what i will be addicted to next month!

Yesterday, in the middle of a hard core game of 'what would you rather', my dad asked me the ultimate question 'never read a book again EVER or never listen to a single piece of music again'. Now if you know me, you will gather that this is a very tough question because I do love a good book, however I think I prefer music. Im not too sure why, I just do. 

Anyway after that long winded couple of paragraphs of me divulging my music woo's. I thought i'd let you in on some of my favourite songs at the moment! (Most of which will feature the likes of 'Arcade fire' and 'Jukebox the ghost')

In particular, regarding AF (arcade fire), I have been lovin' there 2010 album 'the suburbs' 
here are some of my favourite songs in the album !

1) The Suburbs 
2) Ready to run
3) Empty room 
3) We used to wait 
4) Sprawl I 

Image result for arcade fire
Image result for arcade fire


Jukebox the ghost 

1) Victoria 
2) Postcard
3) The great unknown 
4) Girl

Image result for jukebox the ghost

Now am I aware both these albums are quite old and i am VERY late to the party, But they are quickly becoming my two favourite bands ever (yes that is a big statement, you heard it here first). 

To prove I have varied taste here are some other songs and artists that have been replayed quite a bit lately.

M83 - Midnight mist
Florence and the machine - pretty much all of her albums 
Lewis Watson - sink or swim 
Alt - J Breezeblocks - (always a must) and dancing in the moonlight 
Jack Garratt - Weathered 
Angus and Julie Stone - Big jet plane 
John Newman - Tiring Game 
Tom Rosenthal - Take your guess 
The Killers - most of their stuff 
James Bay - Craving, Hold back the river and Let it go
Bright eyes - First day of my life
Otis McDonald - Not for nothing


Thanku for taking the time to read my blog, hope you are having a swell Sunday :) 

Speak soon, 

Mia x

p.s I would love to hear any suggestions for music. I am always open to hearing knew tunes!







No comments:

Post a Comment